This has to be the best cereal mix I have ever made. For reals my kids are going bananas right now literally eating it off the counter as it cools. I'm making one batch to give to the kids teachers for Valentine's Day and another just for us. I had to share it with you because you MUST.try.this.treat.
I'm not labeling it a "Valentine's" recipe because you could really add M&M candies for any holiday, or just the regular candy colors. I had most of the ingredients in my pantry already, so it wasn't any trouble running to the store to buy the Chex cereal and M&M's.
* 9 cups (it's really one box) of rice Chex cereal
* Half of a vanilla candy bark
* 1\2 cup of peanut butter
* 1\4 cup butter (melted)
* 3\4 cup powdered sugar
* 1 cup of M&M's
* 3\4 cup peanuts
* Gallon plastic bag
* Wax paper or foil
1. Mix your cereal, M&M's and peanuts in a plastic bag. Depending on the size of your bag you may need to mix half of your cereal....but I usually use a target bag to mix it all at once.
2. Melt your candy bark, peanut butter and butter and mix together.
3. Pour your melted peanut butter goodness into the bag and gently shake until your cereal is evenly coated.
4. Add your powdered sugar and shake again for a few minutes.
5. Dump onto a long sheet of wax paper and let dry.
Enjoy your sweet treat, but be ready to make more like I had to....it's that good!