I so enjoy making this every year. A friend gave me the recipe and it was an instant hit! It's super yummy and looks amazing wrapped up as a gift. Today I sent the boys to school with peppermint bark for their teachers. Yum!
Dylan helped me make this lovely treat. He is holding a giant slab before I broke it up into smaller bits.
You will need:
* 1 brick of milk chocolate candy coating
* 1 brick vanilla candy coating
* 1 tablespoon peppermint extract
* 1 package smashed up candy canes
* Foil or wax paper
1. Lay out your foil or wax paper on a large flat surface...I would use your counter.
2. Microwave milk chocolate brick until melted and smear into a thin layer. Wait around 10 minutes until the chocolate has hardened.
3. Melt your vanilla candy brink and mix in peppermint extract.
4. Pour onto milk chocolate and sprinkle on candy cane bits.
5. Let harden and ENJOY!
I doubled this recipe and it yielded enough for 7 gifts....all for about 16 bucks!